Monday, July 19, 2010

..already gone..


Remember all the things we wanted
now all our memories, they're haunted
We were always meant to say goodbye.
Even without fists held high, yeah
never would have worked out right, yeah We were never meant for do or die.

I didn't want us to burn out

I didn't come here to hurt you now
I can't stop.

I want you to know
that it doesn't matter
where we take this road,
someone's gotta go.
And I want you to know
you couldn't have loved me better,
But I want you to move on
so I'm already gone.
Looking at you makes it harder,

but I know that you'll find another
that doesn't always make you wanna cry.
Started with a perfect kiss
then we could feel the poison set in
"perfect" couldn't keep this love alive.

"Remember all the things we wanted now all our memories, they're haunted.
We were always meant to say goodbye."


---------------------------------------------------------------------------
....this is the part that really hurts the most. Giving it all you have and still knowing in the back of your mind that your fighting a losing battle. Yet the fight remains.. The heart telling itself that it is possible to have and not lose what it sees as almost in its grasp. Yet the mind sadly watches, knowing the outcome and braces for the inevitable goodbye.....
Reality revisited...

No comments: