Sunday, January 2, 2011

going home...

.....Apprehension.....sense of dread but I had to get back "on track" so I sent a text message, short and to the point. "Are you available to talk?" The answer came a few minutes later, yes they could and meet them in about 45 minutes. Conversation slowly came out.. So much that had been bottled up for many years slowly came forth...deep pain on the inside..regret...lots of regret...shame for letting them down. They offered hope, encouragement and most importantly, prayer...I walked away with a huge weight off my shoulders..I said goodbye..slowly drifting away from a path I walked for over 20 years. Now its time to return.

....Having a Pastor you can confide in, is a blessing...somehow with God's grace the journey will begin back home back to where I once was.

The "Prodigal Son" is going home..........

No comments: