Tuesday, March 23, 2010

expectations...

We all have them. Forgotten images come to play when we concentrate hard enough on what we miss dearly. Along comes the inadvertent measuring of one memory against the new one. Does it meet this expectation of whats right in your mind, does it surpass it? I have carried this burden in my life for almost 7 years and it was both unfair to me and anyone I met while dating. I didn't mean to , it was just natural to have an emotional benchmark to go by. (Example) Well I wish I could find what I found with "person A" because I was so happy and fulfilled. Well then "Person B,C,D" etc etc come along and they are then put to the test by seeing if they measure up to "Person A", thus never really ever having a chance. Even though Person A has been gone out of the picture of several years. This brings along for the ride the person who gave me those memories from long ago. This was not allowing me to heal and move on in my life. How may of us do this and not realize what we are doing. The day I shed off this burden was one of the happiest days of my life.

No comments: