Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Slap in the face...

I have sat here for 3 hours staring at this screen, wondering what to write. Wanting to write. It frustrating to have so much inside but cant find the right words to get things started. Sometimes all it takes is a certain song, sometimes a memory of long ago or of late. Tonight my mind and my heart are quite. Seems they have stopped speaking to each other. The mind always using logic, pulling from past experience remains steadfast, staying out of trouble. All the while the heart is always walking the mischievous side of the tracks. Its a constant struggle that I try to ignore but cant as i am caught in the middle...tonight?....nothing. All is quiet. The mind pondering thoughts with no answer yet it tries, quietly to itself. Then I hear the words being sung by Howard Jones in my headset and jump over and do a quick lyric search. (A partial listing of the song)
"Everlasting love"

He wasnt looking for a pretty face
She wasnt searching for the latest style
He didnt want someone who walked straight off the tv
She needed someone with an interior smile
She wasnt looking for a cuddle in the back seat
He wasnt looking for a five minute thrill
She wasnt thinking of tomorrow or of next week
This vacancy he meant to permanently fill

I need an everlasting love
I need a friend and a lover divine
An everlasting precious love
Wait for it, wait for it, give it some time

The last sentence stuck out to me tonight or should i say slapped me in the face.... Something i keep telling myself that I have to do. There is no way around it..

Wait for it...give it some time.........

No comments: