Sunday, May 11, 2008

cutting loose...

Just a plan chat tonight. Just open and forward. Nothing held back. You have been warned.




When did being a gentleman become outdated and old fashioned??? When did it become wrong to want to be just a friend? Here's a first: "I have actually been criticized for not wanting sex on a date." I havent even been on the date yet! Sheeesh! This is crazy. Is the world full of slut puppies today, after only one thing? I wanted nothing more than dinner and conversation. Nothing more. I guess maybe I am outdated. If this is the future of dating, I can see me being single for a very long time. Has it come down to the point that intimacy is traded like a commodity? Oh..I'm sorry it is . Its called prostitution. Gee, didn't mean to take all the romance out of it. I mean if sex was all I wanted in life, I would have a very shallow life. Overreacting? I don't think so. Its called standards. Yes, I have made mistakes in my life. (I ain't no saint and my halo has been tarnished before) I am not proud of them. Still have the scars to remind me. I learned and moved on. There is so much more than just physical. Yes you must be attracted. I GET IT! But there is a lot more a person can offer than just looks. I know... I know I am fighting a losing battle, but I ain't changing.

This "nice guy" isn't going to finish last.

No comments: