Sunday, May 24, 2020

...so many.

Returned from a long road trip. My soul found much needed solace with a mixture of back road solitude. Sunrises and sunsets competed for my attention as the mind cherished both. The moon and stars complimented each other as they crossed the Appalachian mountains. My camera clicking away, capturing moments now slowly drifting deeper into my memory for safe keeping. Life behind the lens, one moment at a time. Sights familiar yet always new to the senses and the heart feels its finally back home when on the road, with each day bringing a bit of healing. There's a place within the heart. We all know it. A yearning for something, maybe someone who we have met, possibly haven't met yet. Maybe its somewhere, a place that feels like coming home. My heart feels a mixture of all. The book opened with pages turned, so many blank and waiting to be written yet with pen in hand I still stare at them not knowing what to say. Miles passed and memories followed me down each forgotten road while some patiently waited for me to pass by, bringing bitter sweetness with a subtle smile. 

So many pages to be written.

 

No comments: