Saturday, February 10, 2024

Pain

Waved into my rear view mirror when I drove away, thought I'd see you again.
Fought a bitter sweet battle after that, hearts unraveled within.
I left a piece of me with you back there said "I'd return and we'd start"
But for you the days to grew long and ya soon strung another heart..soon strung another heart.

Pain, Its all I have of you 
Pain, but I'll hold on cause when its gone afraid you'll be gone too. 

Times its been bitter, its been cold but I've basked in the glory of the sun.
I've danced in the rain that disguised my tears when I thought that you were the one.

Blindsided, bulldozed, left empty, is there's no life in this ache?
Cause I was left confused hurt abandoned but it wasn't more than I could take, wasn't more than I could take.

Pain, Its all I have of you 
Pain, I'll hold on cause when its gone afraid you'll be gone too. 

Few times Ive ran through this rubble each time grew a thicker skin.
Looking through the other side of trouble, saying "I'm not gonna do that again".
You can play others hearts like a fiddle. Maybe they'll sing to your tune.
I wont be stuck in the middle with them stitches in a open wound
Flesh it fell apart to soon, split apart to soon.


Pain, Its all I have of you 
Pain, I'll hold on cause when its gone afraid you'll be gone too.

No comments: