Saturday, July 2, 2011

haunted...

I asked was she going to be be here tonight. The answer was yes and then I turn to see ask another question but my eyes catch someone looking into my eyes. Someone I said goodbye to long ago, someone that was the inspiration for the writings archived here. I smile and say hello as my heart races and I remain calm at least on the outside yet inside I am dying. She asks how I have been doing and that she has thought of me from time to time over the years. I say life has been good for the most part and that I have thought of her from time to time as well. Small talk ensues and we drift apart into the crowd as the evenings festivities get going. Me eyes are never far from her and after a while she slowly makes her way back to me and we stand and talk. Catching up on the last nine years that have passed since our goodbye. She asks about me thinking of her over the years. I smile and say there is a blog inspired by her and hundreds of entries colored by her memory in one way or another are there read by people from around the world. The look on her face is one of utter surprise. I can feel my emotions slowly getting the better of me and I quickly withdraw into myself and grow quiet. She draws closer and asks whats wrong and why I grew so quiet before I realize it I blurt out "because I am still in love with you".......

..the scene fades and I find myself waking with a headache and a deep hurt inside my heart as the sun shines in my window this morning. My dreams are starting to have more and more things in common. A hidden message or face value? I thought this was over and for a while it has been, but with one dream I realize I am still captive and...

...haunted.

No comments: