Sunday, December 9, 2007

If only..

Not knowing what to say or which direction to turn. Silently standing against the wind and against everything I have held dear to me. Tears trace all to familiar paths but what was long ago is now. Steps taken forward, a look of bewilderment, as there is nowhere to go, no one to reach out to, no one to hold. Silence so deafening. Memories stand before me, mocking me at what I have become. A shell of my former self. Never intending to return but now I stand to face what I left behind so long ago. Unfinished thoughts that have sought solace for so long but have found only me. I cant hide and must face this challenge. Nothing to fight back with, holding on with the thought of what can be....To little to late. Pulling the cloak a little tighter..Stinging rain a comfort for now. So much to say.....

No comments: