Tuesday, January 17, 2017

...no more.

..risking it all in a glance. Something catches the inner eye, a fleeting image of something lost long ago or maybe something now found again. Wondering still and wandering as much. Seeking a true and final north for my compass, a home for the heart. Reliving the past over, reminded of what I walked away from when I should have stayed. Now, to seek answers or find all the questions I need to ask. Fate, coincidence or just another moment to be lived and then allow it to fade away, a sweet memory and it be yet another new lesson learned. Intrigued as to what is slowly coming into focus into view. Time bids me to wait with patience and I complain not as I expect so little these days. More familiar to pain from my mistakes but for now a gentle voice, trusting bit by bit.
   Silently nursing wounds caused by an all too familiar mistake from me. Trying to think a future can be built on memories from the past. The heart convinced in its ability to do so, the mind silent, knowing the outcome and knowing the heart not to be rational and listen. Regardless what the heart feels I knew I was in the wrong, but still tried even knowing the probable outcome. Selfish in doing so and rightfully bearing another scar for it. Reaching out while going under. Chaos subsides and finally a sense of balance now restored, moving forward to the last page. Memories so bittersweet are read and still cherished. But now the cover slowly closes as the final chapter has been written with the final verse carved into stone.

 There Is No "Unfinished Business" Any Longer.

....no more.
 

No comments: