Sunday, October 1, 2017

...thank you.

It was good to see you again. A dream within a dream. Your smile remains even after all this time. Walking slowly with you, holding you and all the while knowing I was on borrowed time. An embrace then a kiss and then my eyes open to see the sun rising outside. I close my eyes again trying to remember everything and all that you said. I havent seen you in quite some time so tonights visit was a surprise. Thoughts race, seeking to find a question being asked, maybe a hidden message I need. Maybe just a moment of happiness in a memory and reality that is far from what my world is today. Yes, feeling that flood of emotions past was nice but bittersweet. Much needed help with the numbness and lack of direction. To feel this love is a gift, and encouragement to continue and have faith. Now? One day at a time. One step at a time. Healing ... Encouragement from an unexpected place. 

....thank you.

No comments: